Apply For

  1. Employment Opportunities

    View and apply for available job opportunities within city offices and Indianola Municipal Utilities.

  2. Block Party Permit

    From time to time residents may wish to hold block parties that involve restricting access to streets in their neighborhood. Block parties are allowed with the submission of and subsequent approval of a block party application form.

  3. Mobile Food and Beverage Vendor Application

    Complete the linked PDF form and email to Questions can be directed to City Hall at 515-961-9410.

  4. Noise Permits

    In an effort to allow such events and still maintain quality of life issues for our residents, the City developed this process to allow outdoor events that have music or extraordinary noise.

  5. Veteran Incentive Program

    Mayor and Council passed a resolution to promote and support the Home Base Iowa initiative. Included with the resolution of support is the Veteran Incentive Program. This program offers a $1,500 incentive to qualified veterans purchasing a home within Indianola.

  6. Liquor License

    Iowa ABD eLicensing Site:

  7. Peddlers, Solicitors and Transient Merchant Permit

  8. Complete the linked PDF form and email with other required documents to Questions can be directed to City Hall at 515-961-9410.

Oversize Weight Permit Application

With the issuance of an oversize weigh permit, the City of Indianola grants authority to move equipment within the Indianola City Limits in conjunction with an Iowa Department of Transportation oversize/overweight permit. The requirements and regulations of the IDOT permit apply within the City of Indianola. Applicants should include a description of their intended route with the application.