OverDrive has introduced an alternative app for borrowing ebooks and eaudiobooks from the library. OverDrive will begin inviting OverDrive app users to try Libby, the new app. The OverDrive app will continue to be a viable option for those users and communities that it best serves.
We recommend trying the new app, as users will find it is simpler to use and makes discovering our digital library even easier. All you need is your library card.
Tired of waiting for your next ebook? Try our NEW RBDigital app for ebooks, audiobooks, and digital magazines.
Step 1) Register
- Register your account online with your Indianola Public Library card.
Step 2) Download
- Download the RBDigital app from your app store.
Step 3) Read
- Get started downloading bestselling ebooks, audiobooks, and digital magazines.
Download library books to your:
- iPad/iPod Touch/iPhone
- Android Devices
- Windows 8
Step 1: Download Overdrive
- Download OverDrive
- Scroll to the bottom of the OverDrive page to select your computer type or mobile device
- Select "Save File"
- Go to where you saved the file, click "Run"
- Follow prompts
Step 2: Finding an Audiobook
- Go to the Bridges website
- Sign in (top right corner)
- Select "Indianola Public Library"
- Enter your library card number
- Find the book that you want (audiobooks are marked with a headphones symbol - black headphones indicate the book is available now)
- Hover your mouse over the books title
- Select "Borrow"
Step 3: Downloading an Audiobook
- Select MP3 file
- The "Confirm and Download"
- Follow prompts to download parts
The audiobook can be listened to through the OverDrive Media Console on your PC. An MP3 player is not required.
Step 4: Transfer to MP3 Player (Optional)
- Connect MP3 player to PC
- Select title you want to transfer in the OverDrive Media Console
- Click "Transfer"
- Follow prompts