The Indianola Public Library has announced a temporary closure from Monday, December 11, through Tuesday, December 26, 2023, to facilitate essential building maintenance and observe holiday closures. Regular business hours will resume on Wednesday, December 27.
Beginning November 20, the due date for all items checked out will be Tuesday, January 2, 2024. The library dropbox will close on the evening of Sunday, December 10. Please keep all items while the library is closed, as staff will be unable to enter the building to check in your items.
To assist the community during this closure, the library has compiled a list of online resources that can be accessed remotely:
- Printing services are available at McCoy True Value Hardware, UPS or other area public libraries. Prices will vary at each location.
- Scanning services are available at other area public libraries. Prices will vary at each location.
- Faxing services are available at True Value, UPS or other area public libraries. Prices will vary at each location.
- Computer usages are available at the Senior Activity Center or other area public libraries.
- For additional library-related requests and services, please contact other area public libraries, including:
- Carlisle Public Library: 515-989-0909 | Website
- Norwalk Easter Public Library: 515-981-0217 | Website
- Milo Public Library: 641-942-6557 | Website
- Des Moines South Side Public Library: 515-293-4152 | Website
We understand the importance of library services to the community and appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to maintain a safe, welcoming environment for patrons and staff. The temporary closure is necessary to ensure the continued quality of the library's facilities.
For updates and further information, please visit the Indianola Public Library's website at www.indianolaiowa.gov/library email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-961-9418.